The Prince’s Court

Het Prinsenhof (The Prince’s Court) Type:Hulling mill Since:1722 Owner:Vereniging De Zaansche Molen Miller:Bart Nieuwenhuijs Location:Relkepad, Westzaan Phonenumber:+31 75-6218160 E-mail:bcnieuwenhuijs@yahoo.com HISTORY The octagonal smock mill was built in 1722 and spent the first 178 years of its life hulling barley. In 1899, the mill was used for the processing of coffee husks from Hamburg and Bremen,…

The sleeve

De Koker (The sleeve) Type:Grain mill and hulling mill Since:1866 Owner:Vereniging De Zaansche Molen Miller:Simon van der Meer Location:Oosteinde 14, Wormer Phonenumber:+31 75-6215148 (office De Zaansche Molen) E-mail:info@zaanschemolen.nl HISTORY Wormer can attribute much of its fame to one activity: the baking of ships’ biscuits. Flour was needed to bake these biscuits, and in order to…